Avoiding Project Crash & Burn: Launching Distributed Scrum Teams the Right Way with Agile Chartering
Do you struggle to build alignment, maintain shared vision and sustain momentum across one (or more) locations?
At some point everyone, from the smallest of start-ups to the largest of the Fortune 500 companies, have been confronted with the challenges associated with distributed teams – uninspired outcomes, meager levels of engagement and poor quality. Geographic separation, distinct cultures, different languages and a multitude of time zones all conspire to drag down a project even before it starts.
There is a way to overcome this inertia. It is possible to launch a distributed team to triumph. What you need is Agile Chartering and Carlton Nettleton, Certified Scrum Trainer and expert consultant, will guide you on how to apply this new technique to develop common understanding in a one-day workshop. Agile Chartering is the key to a successful lift-off for distributed teams because
Agile Chartering gives all stakeholders in a distributed team a voice to co-create a common understanding of team, its purpose and business context. Agile Chartering creates co-ownership of the project within the project team and thereby higher commitment to the project goals.
- Map the time zone dispersion of your team.
- Name three practices that will reduce the impact of time zone dispersion.
- Define the three elements of Agile Chartering – purpose, alignment and context.
- Describe the benefits of Agile Chartering to your team and various stakeholders.
- Use Agile Chartering techniques to launch a distributed team.
- Multiple techniques to assist you with developing vision, building team cohesion and understanding your project’s context.
- List of helpful tools used by successful distributed teams – chat, file sharing, communication and more.
- Checklist of Agile Chartering steps so you can effectively launch (or re-launch) your own distributed team.
- One-year of access to the Conteneo Collaboration Cloud to facilitate distributed meetings, retrospectives and client discovery sessions.
To register for the upcoming class please click here.