Bachan Anand and I will be partnering on Nov 10th to teach a one-day course on Scrum. In this class we will teach the principles and practices that make Scrum effective at managing projects. The following elements will be covered during the one day course:
- Scrum in Practice: the course is designed to illustrate Scrum in action.
- Understanding of the Agile Manifesto and what it means to them.
- Essence of Scrum: values, foundations and a new way of thinking.
- Understanding how Scrum values and foundations are related to the practices.
- Get a sense of what self-organization is (and is not).
- Can draw a diagram of mechanics of Scrum: framework, roles, artifacts & flow
Together we will use the principles of Scrum to organize and deliver the course material. Learning outcomes will be driven by the needs of the participants through a combination of expert instruction and self-directed learning. Opportunities to reflect-and-adapt on the direction of the class will be offered at regular intervals and adjustments will be made. At the end of the training, the participants will have the confidence and understanding to begin to socialize Scrum at their own organization and support teams in improving their processes.